Բլոգի հաշվիչ՝ Liveinternet

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A person’s worth nowadays

As you know, currently I’m living in the United States of America. Certainly, here almost everything is different; people are different, their way of thinking, their values and so on. I don’t think it’s true to say that nowadays old-fashioned values, such as honor, kindness and trust, no longer seem important. Maybe we can witness for example a girl marries a man because that man is rich, or someone only chooses rich friends for him/her, but it doesn’t mean that everyone is so.

Here, in America, people are really thankful and show their appreciation for every small thing you do for them; opening door, yielding a path and so on. I liked this here. Also I like that people appreciate others’ honesty; when you are honest, you aren’t telling a lie you will be loved by everyone. And everyone is kind; usually they do not get upset, angry on someone and taking everything as easy as they can. They are kind, at least they are kind to me, and yet I haven’t seen any bad treatment to me or to others.
I really liked it here that everyone is equal; regardless his/her skin color, sex, race, nationality, wealth and so on. No one can harass others or make fun on them, because it’s in their mentality, that they have no right to make fun on others. You can see poor students at school, but they don’t care, because their poorness isn’t preventing them to be fully involved in the society.
For sure, it isn’t 100% equality here, but if someone notices anyone making fun on others, he/she won’t let it continue and will do something to stop that. It’s kind of zero tolerance toward harassing and making fun on others.  
Now, I want to speak a little bit about the same things in Armenia. Unfortunately, still there are kind of habits that haven’t gone yet. Sometimes in Armenia at schools poor students can be harassed, and “forced to be” without friends and the only reason is that they have no money to wear “beautiful” and expensive clothes like others. But we can’t say that in Armenia, all the poor people are being harassed… As I said, you can witness such things only sometimes, not always.

I wish that one day, in my country; in Armenia this kind of treatment to others will be disappeared. And now, unlike some years ago, there is a huge progress in Armenia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment